Date Nut Balls Recipe
Serves: 2-3 dozen
Our Nanny makes these every Christmas. A Family Fave!
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz package of chopped dates
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Melt butter.
- Add Dates & Sugar.
- Bring to a Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until dates are dissolved stirring constantly.
- Add Rice Krispies & pecans.
- When cool enough to handle, shape into small balls (2 inch)
- Set out on waxed paper.to cool.
- After cooled, roll in powdered sugar OR
- Put powder sugar in a bag, add balls & shake until well covered.